The Kaufman Fund Veterans Legal Referral Program
To get started follow these steps:
- Call 314-632-6462. All requests must start by calling this number.
- The contact on the phone will take important information regarding your needs and tell you what the next step in the process will be.
- If eligible your case will be referred to an attorney who will contact you to assist with your case.
Please note: The Kaufman Fund Veterans Legal Referral Program does not take direct requests for services. Our community partners assist in the transfer of information when they are unable to provide legal services based on eligibility requirements.
Free or Low Cost Legal Assistance for Veterans
The Kaufman Fund Veterans Legal Referral Program strives to fill the gap in legal services available to Veterans. We collaborate with support agencies serving veterans in the area to identify the most needed legal services. We provide assistance to those who do not qualify for aid from other agencies through referrals to volunteer attorneys in private practice.
The Kaufman Fund Veterans Legal Referral Program provides legal assistance in the following areas:
- Divorce, Legal Separation, Modification, Paternity, Contempt, including Child Custody, Support & Maintenance.
- Guardianship, Adoption
- Criminal, including Felonies, Misdeameanors, Traffic, in State, County and Municipal Court
- Landlord/Tenant, Rent & Possession, Evictions, Creditor/Debtor Rights & Bankruptcy
- Employment/Labor Law
- Wills, Trusts, Probate Matters
Veterans in need of legal assistance click here.
If you are an attorney who would be willing to be on a list of providers and accept case referrals, please fill out and submit our Attorney referral form.